Important things to remember before your treatment:
- Sunburnt skin cannot be sugared so please avoid sun exposure in treated areas 24hrs prior to appt.
- Do not exfoliate the day before, the day of your appointment or the day after in any area treated
- Your skin must be free of lotions, and skin care products in the area to be treated (includes coconut oil)
- Please allow hair to grow 7-10 days (1/8th-1/4inch), a grain of rice is a good guideline
- Touching freshly sugared areas with unwashed hands.
- Using lotions, oils, perfumes in sugared area for 12hrs as pores are open.
- Sun tanning for at least 24 hours after your sugaring appointment.
- Exercising for 12-24hrs as perspiration can irratate skin.
Please Note: To minimize hair growth,book every 3-4 weeks for the first 3 months. Clients using Retin-A can not be sugared where lotion is applied
If you are prone to ingrowns:
- Exfoliate (loufa is suffice)
- Make a mist with tea tree oil and apply to irritated area
- Apply water based lotion daily